Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Goings on...

First, update on adoption news... Nothing going on!! We are still just waiting for the right birthmother to find our little family. We do have our homestudy update coming soon. So that'll be nice to take care of. And we have now officially been 'waiting' for 2 years. I can't believe it's been that long. Time goes by so quickly.
Oh!! And I finally scheduled new family pictures!!
COMING SOON!! Can't wait to share those too!

So I promised some new pictures. We had our spring ballet recital. They used disney songs and it was so much fun! A actually went on stage!! That's a first for her! And S was thrilled once again to be in a costume with make-up on. They have the most amazing ballet instructor too!

Little Miss A went to her first birthday party. It was a 'Tea Party'...fancy hats included. At first she was really nervous, but about half way in she loosened up and had so much fun! Here she is posing with her fun little hat and mittens (because we don't have any little lacy gloves).

So we had a new park open up in our city and we went to the grand opening. They invited the Jazz Bear and Josh Howard from the Utah Jazz to come. J was so thrilled to meet a Jazz player. And YES! that is T standing next to him in his Boston Celtics hat. I thought that was pretty funny!

T did a report in his 5th grade class on Martin Luther King, Jr. He had to write the report then dress up as his chosen historical figure and then provide 'props' to use as a backdrop for his presentation. He looks pretty darn good in his suit!!


We went to Wheeler Farm while family was in town. I actually got the kids to stand together long enough to get this great picture in front of an old cabin. Yeah!!


And of course I made some more cakes!! This first one is a Bakugan cake with little Bakugan spinners inside their arena.


This is a Ghost Rider cake I did for a friend's son for his birthday. I thought it turned out pretty good considering I'm not an artist.


This is a wedding cake I did for a good friend's daughter. That ages me... I'm old enough to have friends who have daughters who are getting married!! 


And just an FYI... this cake only cost me about $60 to make. They provided the ribbon and the gerber daisies. I felt it turned out nicely!


No comments:

Post a Comment